Oregon Wild Rice Risotto Style
Want to mix up your Oregon Wild Rice? Try this Oregon Wild Rice Risotto style recipe!
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 30-60 Minutes
- Total Time 45 - 75 Minutes
- Serves 2 People
- Calories 450 kcal
- 1 cup Oregon Wild Rice
- 3 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced garlic
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Fried sage leaves and chives for garnish
- In a saucepan, warm broth on low heat. In a large skillet, melt butter on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add wild rice and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sage, continue to sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Adding about 1/2 cup at a time to the skillet, stir constantly until liquid is absorbed by wild rice.
- Continue to add warm broth into wild rice until all liquid is absorbed. If wild rice isn’t to desired tenderness, add more hot water 1/2 cup at a time. This can take 30-60 minutes
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over wild rice just before serving.
- Garnish with sage leaves fried in olive oil and fresh chives if desired.